Taste locally produced and award winning food and wine, discover how they are made, enjoy pairings and learn cooking the truly Italian way with our fantastic home and restaurant cooks.
- Who: You enjoy good food, wines and craft beer, love cooking and want to expand and refine your skills.
- Why: You’ll learn when and how typical products and specialities of the area are made and acquire some exciting new strings to your culinary bow!
- When: Available throughout the year.
What will I see, what will I do?
- Day 1: Craft Beer: ingredients, (different kinds of cereal, malt and hop), visits to breweries, production, tastings, pairings, cooking with beer.
- Day 2: Pizza: ingredients, (different kinds of cereal, toppings and fillings), visits to pizza restaurants and shops, production, cooking methods, tastings, pizza making lesson.
- Day 3: Cheese: varieties, (cow, sheep, goat, buffalo milk), shapes and consistencies, (mature, spreadable, mozzarella etc.), visits to dairies, production, tastings, pairings, cheese based dishes making.
- Day 4: Bread: different kinds of flour, (wheat, corn, spelt), additional ingredients, (seeds, fruit, nuts), visits to bakeries, production, tastings, bread-making lesson; Vegetables: seasonal varieties, wild and cultivated species, visits to vegetable gardens, production, vegetable based dishes making.
- Day 5: Wine: vine varieties, visits to vineyards and wineries, tastings, pairings, cooking with wine.
- Day 6: Pasta: ingredients, (flour of different kinds, eggs, vegetables), visits to pasta factories and shops, production, tastings, pairings, hands-on pasta making lesson.
- Day 7: Additional visits and tastings are possible subject to demand prior to departure.