Go back in time and visit ancient pre-Roman and Roman cities, medieval castles and abbeys and a Papal palace.
- Who: You enjoy history, archaeology and sightseeing.
- Why: You’ll learn about an area that few non Italians really know but which has witnessed many crucial moments in history dating from ancient times up to the Second World War.
- When: This tour is available throughout the year.
- Day 1: In the Valle di Comino visit ancient settlements, Roman towns, medieval centres and learn about rural life in the post-war years from those who lived it. (Alvito, San Donato, Atina, Picinisco);
- Day 2: Ancient Roman sites in southern Lazio and Molise as well as the Gustav and Winter Line battlefields and cemeteries from the Second World War. (Montecassino, Cassino, Venafro, Isernia);
- Day 3: Centuries of archaeology and history in the Valle del Liri, from pre-Roman tribes to the advent of industrialization. (Arpino, Isola del Liri, Sora)