Go back in time and visit ancient pre-Roman and Roman cities, medieval castles and abbeys and a Papal palace.
- Who: You enjoy history, archaeology and sightseeing.
- Why: You’ll learn about an area that few non Italians really know but which has witnessed many crucial moments in history dating from ancient times up to the Second World War.
- When: This tour is available throughout the year.
What will I see, what will I do?
- Day 1: In the Valle di Comino visit ancient settlements, Roman towns, medieval centres and learn about rural life in the post-war years from those who lived it. (Alvito, San Donato, Atina, Picinisco)
- Day 2: Explore a Papal palace, a medieval castle and the abbeys of Trisulti and Casamari. (Anagni, Fumone, Trisulti, Veroli, Casamari)
- Day 3: Centuries of archaeology and history in the Valle del Liri, from pre-Roman tribes to the advent of industrialization. (Arpino, Isola del Liri, Sora)
- Day 4: Ancient Roman sites in southern Lazio and Molise as well as the Gustav and Winter Line battlefields and cemeteries from the Second World War. (Montecassino, Cassino, Venafro, Isernia)
- Day 5: Greek mythology, Roman worship and Christianity on the Tyrrhenian coast. (Sperlonga, Gaeta, Formia)
- Day 6: From the Romans to the Risorgimento via the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the Baroque period. (Sant’Agata dei Goti, Caserta, Santa Maria Capua Vetere)
- Day 7: Additional visits are possible subject to demand prior to departure.